Linking Your Past Research Service recognizes that personal information collected should be used only for the purpose for which it is collected. Except as authorized by law, such information will not be disclosed to other persons or organizations. Therefore, it is our policy that all personal information collected through this website be subject to the following principles :
- Electronic information - information collected and held electronically shall be afforded the same protection as non-electronic information;
- Collection of personal information - the collection of personal information shall be limited to only what is required to perform the research requested.
- Use of personal information - information will only be used to complete the service request;
- Disclosure of personal information - disclosure of information shall be limited to the purpose for which it was collected unless otherwise authorized by law;
- Security precautions - reasonable precautions shall be taken to ensure the security of personal information.
What information about users is collected through this website?
What information is collected automatically?
The following information is collected and stored automatically from all users accessing this website :
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our site;
- The type of hardware, browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The number of bytes of data transmitted during your visit;
- Transaction and routing information to and from your computer;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our site from another Web site, the address of that Web site (URL).
- If you arrived through a search engine, the search terms you used to search for our website.
This information is used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users and system enhancements.
What about personal information voluntarily provided?
Unless you choose to do so (i.e. sending an E-mail, participating in a survey, responding to an "estimate" or "contact us" form), we do not obtain personally identifying information.
We consider any information that could reasonably be used to identify you as "personally identifying information." This may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your address (excluding zip code);
- Your E-mail address;
- Bank account information;
- Credit card information;
- Telephone number;
- Medical or disability information;
- Any combination of data that could be used to identify you such as birth date, zip code and gender; family members, and any graphical or visual representation of you.
We may request personally identifying information from you in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as confidential information. If personal information is requested or volunteered by the user, State law and the federal Privacy Act of 1974 may protect it. However, this information is a public record once you provide it, and may be subject to public inspection, distribution and copying if not protected by federal or State law.
We do not disclose any personal information except when: permission has been granted by the individual; where the information is considered public information and is not otherwise protected from disclosure by applicable State or federal laws; or, we are required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process.
We have instituted security measures to protect the information and systems that we maintain. These measures are designed to ensure that this service remains available to all users by blocking unauthorized access to our systems and preventing corruption of data, thus providing reasonable protection of personal information in our possession.
This website contains links to other, websites. When linking to another site, this Privacy Notice no longer applies. We do not endorse any products or services linked from or supplied to this site.
While we intend to provide current and accurate information, neither Linking Your Past Research Service, any of its employees, agencies, and officers can warrant the information contained on the site and shall not be held liable for any losses caused on the reliance of information provided. Relying on information contained on these sites is done at one's own risk.
By using this website you agree that you have the authority to release any personally identifying information you voluntarily provide about any other individual, family member, or entities and that neither Linking Your Past Research Service, any of its employees, agencies, or officers can be held liable for any losses or breach of privacy of any of the individuals for which you provide information.
Additional questions or concerns about this privacy notice can be directed to us via our contact form.